National Leader of Governance
What a national leader of governance does
National leaders of governance (NLGs) focus on developing leadership capacity. In some cases, they work in partnership with a national leader of education.
Our NLGs can provide support to a chair of governors in a school:
- with an Ofsted or local authority category – or at risk of going into one
- where attainment is below the current minimum standards set by the government
- in transition to academy status
- where the chair of governors is new
- where working practices for a chair, headteacher or leadership group need developing
Support can be delivered face to face, by telephone or by email.