Subject Specialist Practitioner Training (SSP)
Free Subject Specialist Practitioner Recruitment and Training Primary and Secondary
This is the BRAND NEW qualification from the National Teaching School and an exciting opportunity for colleagues to develop their leadership, facilitation and coaching skills.
Subject Specialist Practitioners will be either middle/senior middle leaders, senior leaders or advanced skills teachers who have the skills to support colleagues in their own and other schools or lead professional development in their subject area.
What will it achieve?
Having completed the training practitioners will…
- Be able to use their skills to develop teaching and learning in their own school;
- Deliver CPD in their subject area with the alliance, generating income for their own school and also developing networks and sharing approaches that will also be of benefit in their own school;
- Develop personal and professional confidence;
- Provide opportunities to share best practice with colleagues;
- Provides opportunities to work with colleagues to support school improvement and system leadership;
- Develops teacher motivation and supports retention;
- Develops experience needed to carry out an SLE role, or allows the practitioner to do school to school work without the full SLE commitment for release.
- Supports appraisal and succession planning.
Programme content includes:
- Facilitation skills and effective CPD delivery
- Coaching skills and coaching to improve
- Difficult conversations
- School improvement planning and providing effective challenge
- Questioning and communication skills
Download the leaflet here